‘Embark on a journey of boundless opportunities. Once attained, you’ll have the passport to cook your way across the globe with this coveted credential. You’ll emerge as a Qualified Cook, poised to leave your imprint on prestigious kitchens, renowned dining establishments, and culinary ventures spanning the entire globe’
From the sizzle of the grill to the finesse of plating, you’ll develop a robust skill set that caters to the ever-evolving demands of the culinary world. Embark on a journey where you’ll gain insights into the intricacies of ingredients, the magic of flavours, and the precision of presentation. With a curriculum designed to instill confidence and expertise, you’ll emerge as a Qualified Cook ready to make your mark in top-notch kitchens, renowned restaurants, and culinary enterprises around the globe.
Huge incentives are NOW AVAILABLE for eligible* students and employers who undertake this qualification including:
- Training Support Payment of up to $5,000 ($1,250 paid every six months);
- Trade Support Loans of up to $22,890 are available to eligible students; and
- 10% Wage Subsidy provided to employers capped at $1,500 per quarter for the first two years of the apprenticeship.
*Student and employer incentives are available when the student undertakes the course through an Australian Apprenticeship pathway. The Australian Apprenticeship Support Network provider will make the final determination of eligibility.
- To undertake this qualification with ACCESS Recognised Training you must be employed in a fully operational commercial kitchen environment;
- Sound English language, literacy and numeracy skills (ACSF – Level 3);
- At least 15 years of age.
Estimated Course Duration and Study Load
12 – 25 months. The course duration will vary depending on the number of credit transfers and the individual progress of each student. At a minimum, students are expected to complete one unit of competency per month.
Training Delivery Locations
The student’s workplace and various hospitality venues around the ACT for off-the-job training delivery.
Modes of Delivery
Study and Funding Pathways
Apprenticeship, Fee-For-Service or Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).